of action groups for the continued and
Who we are
TASTA is a non-governmental organisation established and registered by the Register of Societies in 2002 to: provide a forum for interaction and information sharing among seed companies; represent interests of the seed industry in Tanzania, Africa and globally; and promote the development of the seed sub-sector.
The association started with 8 members and the number has increased over time to 40. The process of establishing TASTA started by mobilising 6 Dutch companies to form the association and it was supported by Ministry of Agriculture.
TASTA believes that the sub-sector’s sustainability for future generations is of utmost importance. The preservation of our nation’s natural and the economic sustainability of our businesses and organisations are vital to this end.
Encourage and invite participation and leadership by members and stakeholders in the activities of the TASTA.
Provide forums, avenues and opportunities for members, staff and partners to take the initiative to direct, guide, motivate and deliver.
Tanzania Seed Traders Association (TASTA), is a membership organisation whose main role is to represent the interest of its members and provide a forum where the seed companies can interact, share information, and channel their challenges to the government. Other roles of TASTA are as follows:
- Provide communication amongst seedsmen.
- Develop and maintain a statistical database on Tanzania’s seed industry.
- Facilitate the establishment of action groups for the continued and sustainable growth of the seed sector.
- Interact with governmental and NGOs involved in seed activities in order to promote the interests of the seed industry.
- Promote: research and development, publicity, education and training, legislative Tanzania so as to catalyse faster growth of the seed industry.
- Provide critical information to its members and improve communication between the Tanzania seed industry and the rest of the world.